As a contractor who runs your own business, you could find yourself wondering whether buying the cheapest liability insurance for contractors is good enough. Is lowering your insurance expenditure an essential aspect of running your business?
Purchasing the right insurance is a necessary and unavoidable expense that will pay dividends in a crisis. That’s why it’s important not to view it as a grudge purchase. However, it’s also essential that you buy the right kind of insurance. In a bid to save money, many small business owners base their decision, not on quality but price. Subsequently, they just want the cheapest general liability insurance for contractors.
Verify the insurance company’s credentials
Always verify that the agent who sells you cheap insurance is licensed, well-established, reliable, and is not pushy. They should be easy to reach on the phone, and should never ask for cash payments.
Here’s a checklist of what can go wrong if you buy the wrong type of General Liability:
- Cheap General Liability insurance may not give you full coverage
- You are covered only for bodily injury, damage to property resulting from your services, products or place of business. However, cheaper options don’t include other common scenarios
- Your budget insurance may have a payout cap in the fine print that you may have missed
- Focusing on cost can be expensive in terms of customer service
- Cheap insurance may have higher deductibles
- It may also have crucial exclusions such as Labor Law or Contractual Liability exclusions that expose you and your business to considerable payouts in case there’s a claim.
When you deal with Farmer Brown Insurance Agency, you can put your mind at ease since you’re dealing with a company that has more than 15 years’ experience in the field. We work with A-rated insurance partners. Our experienced team of experts can help you put together an insurance policy that best covers your risks and thus meets the budget.
3 Insurance errors to avoid at all costs
Experts in the insurance sector find that these are some of the most common errors that customers make:
- Purchasing the bare minimum: In a bid to get the cheapest general liability insurance for contractors, some clients buy just the basic minimum insurance. This leaves gaps in your coverage that can seriously damage the financial health of your business when there’s a large claim.
- Low deductibles: Some clients feel that paying a higher premium is worth it in the long run if they can achieve lower deductibles. However, in the long term, it could impact you financially in case of a large claim.
- Discounts: Taking steps to manage your own risk can net you discounts on your policy. There could be other ways in which you can get cheaper rates – talk to your insurer.
Cheapest General Liability Insurance For Contractors
If you follow our advice, you’ll get to buy the cheapest General Liability Insurance For contractors that will cover your risks. You will not be underinsured. For more information, advice and assistance, call Farmer Brown Insurance on (888) 973-0016.