Has your roof recently been damaged by hail, storm or any other factor? Perhaps, you are already trying to get someone to fix the damage for you. Here are nine tips you will find useful when selecting a roofing company.
1. Get quotes – The first thing you need to do before selecting a roofing company is to request for quotes from different roofing contractors. You should get quotes from at least three. After that, go ahead to make comparisons among the contractors on the basis of factors such as materials used before settling for one.
2. Verify license – Roofing contractors are expected to carry certain licenses to operate in different states. It is therefore essential that you ensure the company in focus has requisite licenses for your locality.
3. Number of years in business – When looking for a roofing company, it is better to go with established companies in your locality. The longer the number of years in business, the better. As this probably means more expertise.
4. Work history – You should also ask the roofing company being considered to provide proofs of the quality of their past jobs. A list of previous clients that you can contact to confirm their experience may be helpful. It is also possible to seek out people that have used the same company in the past to get their point of view.
5. Confirm insurance – It is recommended that you ask your roofing contractor to provide proofs of necessary insurance, especially certificates for liability and worker’s compensation insurance policies. You may also want to confirm their validity through the insurer concerned.
6. Don’t be too price-conscious – You may desire savings, but prices should not be the major consideration factor for you. Extremely low estimates could mean use of substandard materials.
7. Ask about number of workers – It may be relevant to ask your roofing company how many people will be working on your project. This will help you estimate a realistic time for its completion.
8. Consider health and safety – You will do well to ensure that your roofing contractor is compliant with established health and safety standards. This could be helpful in preventing a casualty at your work site.
9. Digest warranty detail – Effort should be made on your part to fully understand the warranty information for your project. You need to get your roofing company to explain information contained therein to the letter for you.