Are you an independent HVAC Contractor? If so, you may be required to have liability insurance for your practice, something you might have overlooked if you came from a larger company and started your own business. Liability insurance protects HVAC contractors from claims that can be filed after a client or third party sustains an injury, experiences damage to their property, and the costs of defending yourself in civil court whenever a claim is made against you. Every type of claim can heave significant financial costs onto your business, straining your ability to keep up operations from day to day.
HVAC Contractor’s Insurance is specifically designed to take care of the risks that are directly associated with your industry. In the case of claims or legal suits, your insurance policy will take care of all associated costs, depending on the policy limit on your coverage plan. When you have specialized liability insurance, you can continue to work and develop the most important aspects of your business; servicing your clients as well expanding your brand.
3 Ways Contractors Liability Insurance Protect You and Your Business
- This plan covers medical and property damage expenses – These arise from paying medical costs or legal suits against your business and practice. When your clients or unassociated third parties are injured in the place where you’re working, it is within their right to sue for compensation. They can do this in a variety of instances, of which we will lay out in the sub-list below:
- HVAC work, especially when it concerns AC units, require contractors to work on the roof. If tools are left unsecure, they could fall off the roof and potentially hurt someone.
- Legionnaire’s Disease is a respiratory illness that is most commonly caused by improper maintenance of HVAC systems, mainly AC units. If you forget to change out an old filter for a new one, clients are certainly in the right to seek compensation for the medical expenses associated with the illness.
- Sometimes, HVAC equipment owned by a client can get damaged based on a mistake you made on the job. Other times, you may accidentally back your vehicle too far up the driveway, damaging the garage door. If any property damage occurs, whether it’s on the HVAC system on their property or if it’s located somewhere else, your business may be held accountable for their losses.
- Compliance with regulations – Most states in the USA make it a requirement for contractors to have liability insurance. Without such a plan, you are exposing your business to fines, the revoking of hard-earned licenses, loss in reputation or your ability to bid on new jobs. All these things, when combined together, can spell doom for your business.
- Defamation and malpractice lawsuit – You may encounter a situation where someone is suing you for copyright infringement or false advertising. Such issues can be a costly legal affair too much for contractors to bear. Sometimes, your publicized comments concerning clients or other businesses may be interpreted as defamatory, initiating a legal battle. The liability coverage will be able to cover claims awarded to plaintiffs, as well as pay for your legal representation.
Obtaining liability insurance should be a top priority, especially if you are a small business owner. Because small businesses or independent contractors only have limited resources on hand, it may be hard to sustain the negative effects of claims or legal suits that may be filed against you if you do a job that is unsatisfactory. These alone are enough to bankrupt your business, leading to an extended or permanent period of professional inactivity. Businesses are a significant investment in terms of personal resources – as such, they ought to be protected against all risks.
Liability insurance costs less than what it would cost you to pay claims due to damages on property, medical expenses, or legal suits. If you are looking to get liability insurance for your business, please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Fast – Get your insurance policy created, revised, or renewed within minutes. Quotations are also sent to you on request if you ever need your estimate made clear to you.
- Affordable – We work with small and medium-sized businesses, thus we understand the need for affordable and comprehensive coverage.
- Reliable – Whether we need to settle a claim or issue your insurance coverage, we do it swiftly and make the process as simple as possible.
- Informative – Not everyone has the time or the energy to understand the intricacies of their insurance policy by themselves. We give you the information you need to stay on top of your
For more information on liability insurance, we would be honored to help you get everything you need to get you moving forward. We will be happy to answer any queries you may have, as well as get you your liability coverage for your business.